Customers hate a ‘love’em-and-leave’em’ relationship. Yet most salespeople offer just that. Once the sale is made the customer goes back to feeling like a stranger.
Look for opportunities to contact the customer after the sale.
Establish an ongoing friendship and they’ll keep coming back.
Some ideas for contacting the customer after the sale:
- Mail thank you notes.
- Call to be sure the product/service met their needs.
- Send out new product information.
- Send clippings of interest or newsworthy information that may reassure the customer of his good purchasing decision.
- Send birthday and holiday cards.
- Invite them to participate in a focus group.
- Call to thank them for referrals.