Researchers continue to explore the effects of positive thinking on our health.
The health benefits include:
- Increased life span
- Lower rates of depression
- Lower levels of distress
- Greater resistance to the common cold
- Better psychological and physical well-being
- Reduced risk of death from cardiovascular disease
- Better coping skills during hardships and times of stress
It’s unclear why positive thinkers experience these health benefits. One theory is that you are able to cope better with stressful situations; which reduces stress on your body.