The Florida Public Relations Association, Southwest Florida Chapter will host its annual media breakfast, “Perfecting your Pitch and Covering your Media Bases.”
The event will be from 8-11 a.m. on Tuesday, June 11, at the Holiday Inn Fort Myers at Town Center, 9931 Interstate Commerce Dr., Fort Myers, FL 33913.
Attendees will get up close and personal with media professionals from across the Southwest Florida region working in channels including TV, daily news, business reporting, magazines and blogs. Experts will help attendees learn to “perfect their pitch” and make their communications to our local media more effective.
Featured media experts include:
- Captain Debbie Hanson, award-winning outdoor writer (Florida Outdoor Writers Association & Outdoor Writers Association of America), women’s sport fishing advocate and freshwater guide
- Ernest Hooper, East Hillsborough bureau chief and columnist, Tampa Bay Times
- Steve McQuilkin, storytelling coach and the Southwest Florida regional editor for environment and business news, The News-Press and Naples Daily News
- Jennifer Reed, Senior Writer, Gulfshore Life Magazine
- Lindsey Sablan, morning anchor, WINK News
- Andrew Warfield, Editor, Lee and Collier Counties, Gulf Coast Business Observer
The format for the morning will include presentations from speakers, breakout sessions and networking opportunities.
Registration is $50 for members, $60 non-members and $35 students. The price includes breakfast. Visit FPRASWFL.org to register.
This event is sponsored by Stevens Construction of Fort Myers.